LEARNER AND LEARNING NEEDS
The dimensions of this Modules are listed as below:
- Reorientation of our perception of learners and learning.
- Holistic approach in the treatment of learners’ development and learning.
- Creating an inclusive environment in the classroom for all student
- Learner engagement for construction of knowledge and fostering of creativity.
- Active learning through the experiential mode.
- Adequate room for voicing children’s thoughts, curiosity, and questions in curricular practices.
- Connecting knowledge across disciplinary boundaries to provide a broader frame work for insightful construction of knowledge.
- Forms of learner engagement — observing, exploring, discovering, analysing, critical reflection, etc. — are as important as the content of knowledge.
- Activities for developing critical perspectives on socio-cultural realities need to find space in curricular practices.
- Local knowledge and children’s experiences are essential components of text books and pedagogic practices.
- Children engaged in undertaking environment-related projects may contribute to generation of knowledge that could help create a transparent public database on India’s environment.
- The school years are a period of rapid development, with changes and shifts in children’s capabilities, attitudes and interests that have implications for choosing and organising the content and process of knowledge.
TODAY’S ONLINE MODULE IS PREPARED BY:
Miss. Sahaya Mary, HM ,KVS ZIET Mysore
- The word file has several media embedded in it which will be activated when you click on it